We Specialize in High-Quality Air Conditioners
Berkshire Heating & Air Conditioning is dedicated to high-quality customer service and elite air conditioner repair. Throughout West Springfield, MA, we have satisfied homeowners who suddenly lose cool air in their homes. We know how important comfort is to you, and we strive to make the necessary repairs quickly and efficiently. As North American Technician Excellence (NATE)-certified specialists, we can identify problem areas and implement solutions, restoring comfort to your home in the process. And because we are licensed, bonded, and insured, you can trust our team to get the job done. Most importantly, we are available 24/7 because we understand shutdowns can happen at any time. Learn more about air conditioner repair below, and get in touch with us today.
Four Signs That You Might Need Air Conditioner Repair
Air conditioners are complex machines filled with hundreds of parts. It makes sense that they would fail from time to time. We’re here when that happens. But how do you know when you need air conditioner repairs? In most cases, the signs of air conditioner failure are relatively obvious. For example:
- Poor Airflow: A functioning air conditioner should produce a steady stream of air throughout your home. If it doesn’t – or if it blows lukewarm air – then you have a problem. For one thing, this issue costs you extra money because the system must work harder to compensate. The best thing to do is contact Berkshire Heating & Air Conditioning before it gets worse.
- Unusual Noises: You will always hear your air conditioner turn on and off – and you might hear it running too. But you should never hear banging or rattling noises. If you do hear these noises, turn the system off immediately. The likely cause is something loose in the machinery, and only a trained expert can resolve this particular issue.
- Inconsistent Cooling: Sometimes, when air conditioners stop working as they should, they fail to produce cool air throughout your home. And sometimes, they unevenly cool each room. For instance, your living room might be at the ideal temperature while the bedroom is broiling. Several issues could cause this – including a faulty thermostat.
- Improper Cycling: Air conditioners cycle on and off. Ideally, they would do so two to three times an hour. Any more than that is a sign of an issue. On the other hand, if your air conditioner won’t turn on at all, you’ve got another problem altogether. Our team is skilled at getting to the bottom of things and implementing a solution.
The Air Conditioner Repair Process
Our team understands air conditioners inside and out. We are extensively trained to deal with all makes and models, and we quickly implement fixes. When you call us for a repair, we arrive promptly. Once there, we will run a series of diagnostic tests. Then we will begin to look for more specific issues. For instance, we might locate and repair leaks, recharge the system, or unclog drains. Sometimes, all we need to do is replace an air filter. If we need to repair or replace broken parts, we can do that on-site. We can also:
- Clean or Replace Ductwork
- Repair Electric Controls
- Repair Fans
- Repair Thermostat
Some of the Most Common Issues Our Team Repairs
We’ve seen it all over the years. Our knowledge and experience make us an invaluable asset to you and your family. Because of our expertise, we can identify problems and solve them before they get worse. More importantly, our team gets the job done right the first time. While some air conditioner issues are more complex, most fall under the prevalent category. Some of the most common problems include:
- Low Refrigerant
- Leaking Refrigerant
- Disrupted Electric Controls
- Clogged Air Filters
- Clogged Ductwork
- Malfunctioning Compressor
- Malfunctioning Condenser
- Malfunctioning Evaporator Coil
- Broken AC Fan
- Stuck Fan Relay
- Thermostat Short
You Can Count On Our Team To Repair Your AC
We are proud to serve the West Springfield, MA area with unparalleled customer service. We offer a 100 percent satisfaction guarantee because we are confident in our ability to help you through your air conditioning repair issue. We never try to upsell our customers to a new unit when all they need is a repair. If we do think you need air conditioner installation, we offer transparent pricing. As a locally-owned and -operated company, you can trust our investment in the community. Contact us today for more information.