High-Quality Air Conditioner Installation
Berkshire Heating & Air Conditioning is committed to the comfort and health of our customers. We believe that every West Springfield, MA home deserves an air conditioner that works effectively and efficiently. Founded in 1971, we have developed a sterling reputation over the years. We pride ourselves on delivering honest and transparent services. Most importantly, we provide comprehensive HVAC services to our clients, ensuring they stay cool throughout the summer. To help you afford your new air conditioner, we offer no-hassle financing (to those who qualify). We look forward to exceeding your expectations. Learn more about our air conditioner installation services below.
We Can Help You Choose the Right Air Conditioner
Berkshire Heating & Air Conditioning specializes in high-efficiency cooling systems. We offer a wide range of options to our customers. Not only do our air conditioners vary in price, but they also come in different sizes. Our team members are skilled at helping you determine which AC will work best for you. Some of the factors we consider include your home’s size, energy efficiency and your preferences, temperature, humidity, and allergen control, thermostats, and air filtration. We’ll discuss all these factors and more before making a recommendation.
Air conditioners – like everything else – have an expiration date. There comes the point where every air conditioner reaches an age where the owner must replace it. If yours is nearing 15 years of age, it is time to consider a replacement. Odds are you will begin incurring repair charges, and the cost-efficient thing to do is buy a new unit. But there are other signs that it might be time for a new AC. They include:
- No Cold Air: The lack of cold air is a telltale sign of air conditioner failure. Everything from low Freon levels to a busted compressor can cause this issue. In some cases, we can repair the problem. However, some repairs are so expensive that it makes sense to replace the unit – especially when it is older.
- Poor Airflow: If you are still getting cold air in your home, but the airflow is weaker than usual, then any number of issues could be at fault, including a faulty compressor or blocked and damaged vents. Depending on the scope of the problem, repairs might be possible.
- Moisture Around The Unit: Air conditioners should not leak. This is a minor health issue that you should address immediately by contacting Berkshire Heating & Air Conditioning. Sometimes, we can repair a leak, but it is a sign of a bad unit in many cases.
- Unusual Sounds: Are you noticing a loud grinding noise coming from your vents or the air conditioning unit itself? This is not a good sign. We recommend turning off your unit immediately and contacting our specialists. We can provide a recommendation on the next steps.
- Inconsistent Temperatures: One common sign of a failing air conditioner is inconsistent temperatures from room to room. In some cases, you might luck out, and all we need to replace is the thermostat. In other cases, a full-scale system replacement is necessary.
- Frequent Repairs: Eventually, every unit requires repairs. While a repair every once in a while is not a big deal, frequent repairs are. At a certain point, it makes more sense to purchase a new unit that will not require repairs than continuing to pump money into a failing AC unit.
What To Do Following AC Replacement
Once you have replaced your air conditioner, the time comes to begin taking care of it. An HVAC unit is no different than a car. Just like your vehicle, it requires regular maintenance to reach its lifespan. That means replacing the filters and calling our team for annual maintenance checks. We recommend these checkups before the hot season (sometime in early spring) to ensure everything is working correctly and the system is ready to handle the rigors of the summer months. Maintenance is critical, so do not neglect it.
Why Choose Berkshire Heating & Air Conditioning
So, why should you choose Berkshire Heating & Air Conditioning for your air conditioner installation needs? We have been in the game for over 40 years. Our team is North American Technician Excellence (NATE)-certified and licensed, bonded, and insured for your protection. We have years of experience, and we extensively train all of our specialists. We operate with honesty and provide transparent advice to our customers. Most importantly, we are passionate about what we do and work hard to deliver on our promise of superior customer service. Contact us today to get started.