Up to $110,000 starting salary + $5000 Signing Bonus!
Get the work-life balance you deserve!
We offer year round work as well as an excellent benefits package. We take great pride in servicing residential and commercial systems throughout our service area. Since HVAC technicians have the ability to take their service vehicle home we minimize unnecessary trips to the office to respond to our customer’s quickly. Technicians are expected to perform all duties that are required of them. Berkshire Heating, Air Conditioning, and Plumbing, is seeking self-motivated HVAC technicians for employment. Come and join the area’s premier Heating and Air Conditioning contractor.
$5000 Signing Bonus!!
HVAC Service Technicians receive:
- Competitive hourly rates
- Company Health Insurance (Blue Cross Blue Shield)
- 401K retirement plan with company match program
- Vision insurance
- Free $25,000 life insurance
- Dental insurance
- Short term disability
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Holidays
- Paid training and continued education opportunities are available
- Hours for the whole year
- Cell phone & Ipad
- Ability to bring your work truck home. No need to commute to the office daily.
Responsibilities and Duties of a Service Technician:
- Perform maintenance and tuneups to HVAC systems
- Considered a resident expert on all types of equipment (Residential, Commercial, Boilers, Larger Units)
- Ability to learn new equipment and repairs not seen before
- Performs work safely and accurately
- Sales capabilities to offer customers value, added services, etc.
- Minimal Call back rate on service calls
- Other job duties as assigned
Qualifications and Skills of a Service Technician:
- Successful completion of HVAC Trade School is required
- Must possess EPA Certification (Type I, II, or Universal)
- Acceptable motor vehicle record
- Must be available to work long hours, weekends, holidays and overtime as needed
- Strong communication skills
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Sales and Estimating skills
Berkshire Heating, Air Conditioning, and Plumbing is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or genetic information. Berkshire Heating, Air Conditioning, and Plumbing is committed to providing access, equal opportunity and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Individuals may need to climb ladders or crawl in an attic or crawl space as needed to access customer’s systems. Individual must be able to lift at least 50 lbs. multiple times within any given shift to perform service work. Individual may need to alternate sitting, standing, kneeling or crawling to be able to perform the service work necessary on a customer’s system.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environment will vary from driving in the company-issued vehicle to/from service calls to making periodic stops in the office for paperwork or meetings. The majority of the time will be spent in customer residences in which the work environment could vary in temperature, space or comfort levels.
Berkshire Heating, Air Conditioning, and Plumbing will remain open as an essential business throughout our service area. Through continuous and careful planning, we continue to adapt to the quickly changing landscape of the world today to maintain the safest work environment for our employees. We have hand sanitizer at all work stations and we provide Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) which include face masks and gloves to all employees to help insure their health & safety in these uncertain times.
Job Type: Full-time
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
- Bonus pay
- Commission pay
- Signing bonus
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- HVAC: 2 year (Required)
- EPA Type II (Preferred)
Work Location: On the road